1. Dr. Nita N. Kumar(Principal(off.))
Department of English
· Was invited by the United States-India Educational Foundation to deliver a lecture on "African American Literature and Politics in the period of the Civil Rights Movement" as part of the Black History Month at American Center Library, New Delhi on February 18, 2016.
· Dr. Kumar was appointed the Officiating Principal of the College in November 2015.
2. Dr. Suruchi Bhatia
Department of Applied Psychology
· Along with co-authors, published a paper titled "Does reservation alter the mind-set? aresearch enquiry vis-a-vis fear of faliure,locus of control and personal effectiveness among undergraduate girl students across disciplines"in the Indian Journal of Community Psychology (IJCP).
· She has completed her co-supervision for a PhD thesis titled Crossing gendered borders: tokenism and beyond, submitted to the University of Delhi
3. Dr. Jaya Gera
Department of Computer Science
· Published a research paper entitled "Identifying Significant Features to Improve Crowd Funded Projects’ Success" in the Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Innovations in Computer Science & Engineering.
· The Proceedings appeared in the AISC series of Springer, 2015.
4. Dr. Pooja Vashisth
· Got her biographical profile selected for publication in the Marquis Who's Who in the World 2016, which provides concise, accurate biographies of renowned individuals from around the world.
· She is currently occupied with an innovation research project funded by CIC, University of Delhi.
· She published a research paper entitled "Handling Cold Start Problem in Recommender Systems by Using Interaction Based Social Proximity Factor" in the Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, 2015, Kochi..
5. Ms. Reema Thareja
· Had her two books Information Technology and its Application in Busineess and Object Oriented Programming with C++ published. Both the books were published by Oxford University Press.
· She published a research article “Securing Data Warehouse Data” in the Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies, Volume 4, Issue 2, 2015
6. Dr. Baljeet Kaur
· Published a chapter entitled "Attracting Customers to Online Shopping Using Mobile Apps: A Case study of Indian Market" in a book titled Securing Transactions and Payment Systems for M- Commerce published by IGI Global,USA.
7. Ms. Pratibha Yadav, Kumari Seema Rani and Ms. Sonia Kumari
· Jointly published three research papers: "Recommender System: Revolution in E-Commerce", "Review of Social Collaborative Filtering Recommender System’s Methods",and "Programming Paradigms in the Context of the Programming Language" in the International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science (IJECS)
· Kumari Seema Rani and Pratibha Yadav coauthored two papers: "M-Commerce: A Revolution in E-Business" published in the IJECS and "E-Commerce: Advances in Economics and Business Management" published with Krishi Sanskriti Publications
· Kumari Seema Rani also published a paper titled "Cloud-Computing: A milestone in Information Technology" in the IJECS.
8. Sonia Kumari
· Individually published two papers: "A General View on the Aspects of Cryptography" and "A Survey on Honeypots Security" in the Proceedings of the National Conference on Emerging Trends in Information Technology - Cyber Security: A Panoramic View
· With co-authors, she also published a paper titled "Review of Efficient Routing in Delay Tolerant Network" in the IJECS
9. Dr. Nisha Arora
Department of Commmerce
· Contributed eight modules to the e-PG Pathshala Project funded by the UGC, in February, 2016.
10. Dr. Kamlesh Aggrawal
Department of Economics
· Contributed to the e-contents for the Institute of Lifelong Learning, DU by writing chapters on "Point Estimation", "Population", "Mean Variance and Proportion Single Sample", "Asymmetric Information", "Externalities and Public Goods”, and “Economic Inequality Evolution: its Measurement and Impact on Poverty”.
11. Mr. Amulya Kumar Sahoo
· Contributed to the e-contents for the project "E-learning Pathasala", an initiative of Campus of Open Learning, University of Delhi, for the courses offered to postgraduate students.
12. Dr. Sudipta Ghosh
Department of Education
· Presented a paper titled "the Transformative Power of Clothes on Thoughts and Actions of the Viewer and Wearer: Cognitive Implications" in the National Symposium on Law and Social Sciences, 2015 at Vivek College of Commerce,Mumbai.
· She also presented a paper titled "Overcoming Barriers to Inclusive Education in a Developing Society: Forging New Avenues" in the 14th Biennial Conference of International Association of Special Education held in the University of Lower Silesia, Poland.
· Her paper titled "Life-style Changes for Boosting Brain Power and Enhancing Cognitive Abilities" was published in MERI Journal of Education, in October 2015.
· Paper titled Reducing Rudeness, Rage and Violence in Public and Private Spaces and Establishing a Culture of Respect" was brought out in the Special Issue of Scholarly Research Journal in December 2015.
13. Dr. Veena Kapur
Department of Education
· Presented a paper titled "Teacher Education in the Age of Globalisation" in a Conference on Globalization and Education, at Kunming University, China in April 2015.
· She also presented a paper titled “Teacher Education in the age of Technology” in a Conference on Facilitating, Fostering and Harnessing Innovation to Meet Key Challenges of the 21st Century, at Harvard University in September, 2015.
14. Dr. Krishna Priya Sen
· Published her paper titled “On Defining the Term Hindi” in the Contemporary Dialogue, January 2015.
15. Dr. Gagandeep Bajaj
· Participated as a resource person in the curriculum development of an online course for elementary teacher education at NCERT in 2015.
16. Dr. Kulbir Kaur
Department of Sociology
· Contributed to the designing of the new syllabus of the CBCS for undergraduate courses.
· Her article "Nanak Nirankar" appeared in the Speaking Tree in November, 2016. She writes a monthly column "Mystic Mantra" in the Asian Age news paper.
17. Dr. Vandana Ghai
· Was the convenor for B.Ed. Admissions, 2015 at Delhi University.
18. Dr. Mamta Rajput
· Awarded with a Ph.D. degree in Education in May, 2015. She was also the co-convenor for the B.Ed. Admissions, 2015 at Delhi University
19. Ms. Neeta Arora
· Presented a paper "The Matrix of Education, Power and Empowerment: Where do we stand?" in the 7th Asian Conference on Education organized by the International Academic Forum, at Kobe, Japan in October, 2015.
20. Ms. Alprata Ahuja
· Presented a paper titled "Integration of Technology in Mathematics Education" at International Seminar on Education in Transition: Moving towards a Performance at GGSIP University, Delhi in January 2015.
21. Mr. Ravi Kant
Department of English
· Published a research paper "Representations of Partition Anxieties and Nature of Violence in Hindi Films" in the South Asian Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies.
· He contributed to the e-content for the ILL resources, by writing a review of Untouchable Spring by G. Kalyan Rao for the course "Modern Indian Writings in English".
22. Mr. Biswajit K. Bora
· Published a research paper “Cinema, History, and the Nationalism Question: A Study of Anne of the Thousand Days, Zabriskie Point, and Munich” in the Asian Journal of English Studies.
23. Ms. Kanika Sharma
· She is working as a translator for the anthology Selected Essays of Shrilal Shukla, to be published by the Centre for Academic Translation and Archiving (CATA), Department of English, Delhi University.
· She published two research articles titled "Reading Anita Desai’s ‘Clear Light of Day’" in the Muse India Journal and "Arrivals and Departures: Understanding Cultural Memory in The Terminal" in Coldnoon: Travel Poetics.
· She performed a comedy "Don’t Dress for Dinner? with the theater group University Gigs at Akshara Theater. She also performed a tragedy titled "Mantoiyat" with the theater group Atelier Theatre at Kamani Auditorium.
· She acted in a comedy titled "Khusar Phusar" based on Neil Simon’s Rumors at Kamani Auditorium.
24. Dr. Urmil Vats
Department of Politicla Science
· Published a research paper titled "Indian Constitution: Secularism and Politics" in Mahila Vidhi Bharati Parisad, a quarterly law journal, New Delhi.
25. Ms. Nupur Mittal
· Published a chapter titled "Grace Ogot’s ‘The Green Leaves’: Framing Reality", in the worldview anthology A Warble of Postcolonial Voices, 2015.
· Her article "Bhopal Crisis: Symbol of a Reconfigured World Order" was brought out in the journal Interplay in December 2015. She is translating essays by the Hindi author Shrilal Shukla for a forthcoming anthology Selected Essays of Shrilal Shukla, commissioned by the CATA.
26. Dr. Meenu Aggarwal
Department of Food Technology
· Has been appointed as coordinator of Association of Food Scientists and Technologies, Delhi.
27. Dr. Shagun Agrawal
Department of Hindi
· Published two articles: "Stri Asmita ka Prashna aur pitrisatta" in the book Vande Shakti Swaroopa and "Dharmaveer Bharati: Sarthak Samatal ki Talash" in the monthly magazine Prachi.
28. Dr. Shivani George
· Published three articles: "Stri: Atit, Vartman aur Bhavishya ke Aaine mein" in the book Vande Shakti Swaroopa; "Bhartendu ki Kavita: ek Vihangam Drishti" in the book titled Bhartendu ek Nai Drishti; and "Vachan Sahitya ka Darpan: Atmanubhoot Satya ke Heerak Kan" in the first edition of the Purapravah, a Hindi magazine published by the Indian Archaeological Society.
· She also published a review of Batkahav, a satire by Dr. Rajkumar Sumitra, in the quarterly research magazine Shabda Garima
29. Dr. Shubha Parmar
Department of History
· Along with Dr. Renu Mehta of the Department of English, conducted a Gender Sensitization Workshop for the local police in December 2015.
30. Dr. Antara Chakraborty Shah
Department of Music
· Published an article titled “Paramparik Sangeet par Vaishwik Adhunik Pravrittiyon ka Prabhav” in Vageshwari Journal.
· She presented a paper titled “the Global Impact of Modern Trends on Traditional Music" in the UGC International Seminar 2015, at Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, D.U.
· She also made a presentation on "Badalte Parivesh mein Hindustani Shastriya Gayan ke Pradarshan mein aa Rahe Badlav" in the UGC National Seminar on Changing Scenario of Performing Practices in Indian Music, 2016 at Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, D.U.
31. Ms. Shubha Sinha, Dr. Zeenat Ara and Dr. Veena Kapur
Department of Political Science and Department of Education
· Collectively undertook an innovative project on "Modi’s Make in India: Swadeshi or Videshi", funded by the University of Delhi.
32. Dr. Zeenat Ara, Dr. Preeti Chahal and Dr. Namita
Department of Political Science
· Have been selected as fellows in the Developing Countries Research Centre, University of Delhi.
33. Dr. Chandrakanta Mathur
· Published a book titled Mass Media in India: Raj to Swaraj, with the Kaveri Books, Delhi, 2015.
· She also presented two papers titled "UN Reforms" and "Role of Media in Africa" in the international seminars organized by Amity University and Department of African Studies, University of Delhi, respectively.
34. Mr. Sanjeev Kumar
· Wrote a chapter "Tenancy and Massacre: Tacit (Re)Production of Caste System in Bihar" for the book titled Tenancy Laws and Practices: Emerging Issues, 2015, published by the Centre for Rural Studies, LBS National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie.
· He presented a paper "Category of Dalit 'Self': from Discrimination to Humiliation", in the 2nd Creative Theory Colloquium 2015, organized by Creative Theory Group, at India International Centre, Delhi.
35. Dr. Amna Mira
36. Ms. Kanika Sharma
· Moderated a session in a conference on Skill Development and Sustainable Future, organized by the TERI University.
· She published her article "Beaches and Bases" in the Meri News and the Hindustan daily. Another article "Theories of Globalization" was brought out in the journal Political Landscape.
37. Mr. Raj Kumar Falwaria
1. Priya Anand
· Earned gold medal at Combined Annual Training Camp (2013)
· Earned silver medal at Special National Integration Camp , Port Blair (2014)
· Awarded as the best cadet in NCC by college (2014)
· Awarded as the first Republic Day Camp holder, 2015
· Earned 3 gold medals at Rock Climbing and Training Camp, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand in 2016
· Secured 1st position in All India NCC Cancer Awareness Competition
2. Kirtika Kuhar
· Secured 1st position in college and awarded with Principals’ Medal in 2015
· Awarded with the certificate of honour for securing highest marks in two subjects in 2015.
· Secured 2nd position in poster making competition at COMMON TALK 2015 in Janki Devi Memorial College.
· Secured 1st position in Declamation Contest held on 22nd Jan 2016 in the college.
· Awarded a certificate of achievement for securing 99.40 percentile in International Commerce Olympiad 2012.
· Awarded a certificate for presentation , display and volunteer at college stall at ANTARDHVANI 2015.
· Awarded a certificate for participation in freeze mob conducted by the annual festival- SAMARPAN 2015 by Shri Ram College of Commerce.
3. Rachna Kumari
Course- B.A(H) Hindi
· Secured 3rd position in Inter College Competition in the event Kabaddi.
· Secured 2nd position in Ist year with 68.9%
· Secured 3rd position in IInd year with 70.1%
· Awarded with the certificate of honour for Aerobics Performance on Sports Day.
· Awarded certificate of Participation in Dehi State Kabaddi Championship conducted by East Delhi Sport Club.
· Secured 1st position in Inter Youth Club Sports Competition in the event of Kabaddi.
· Awarded a certificate of Appreciation for Participating in Cross Country Race 2013.
4. Namita Tayal
Course- Psychology(hons) FYUP
· Selected and attended National Conference on "Serve and Find"
· Bronze and Silver medal holder for "International Award For Young People
· Internship at Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi
· Core committee member of Psychology Association (SPANDAN) 2013-14
· Class Representative in Ist year of college
· Honoured with " Discipline Student Award " in college
· Contributed in " Innovative Program" on "Mental Health" at University level
5. Varsha Aggarwal
· Participated in Kho-Kho in Ist year
· Participated in Poster making competition (Theme : Mind, Body and Soul)
· Participated in Declamation (Spirit behind the making of Indian Constitution )
· Participated in Debate (Juvenile Act)
· Summer Internship
6. Neha Thalwal
Course- B.Sc Maths(hons)
· Has been awarded a cash Prize worth Rs.10000 for being TOP MERITORIOUS STUDENT 2014-2015.
7. Suman Shokeen
· 11th South Asian Games gold medalist(Bangladesh) 2010
· 4th indoor Asian Games gold medalist(South Korea Incheon) 2013
· Rajiv Gandhi state sports awardee, 2014
8. Krishna Dabas
· 1st women Kabaddi World cup gold medalist 2012
· Rajiv Gandhi state sports awardee 2015
9. Nitika Deswal
Course- B-tech(Comp. Sci.)
· Being an NCC cadet she won NCC best cadet award for the year 2015. She was awarded with a cheque of Rs. 3500. She stood second in Delhi group B (boys and girls combined) and first among the girls.
For More Details, Click Here..
Thirkan (Western Dance Society)
Group Dance Competition
1. 1st position at ISOMES-media fest conducted by NEWS 24 channel.
2. 2nd position at Acharya Narendra Dev College of Delhi University.
3. 2nd position at Amity University.
4. 2nd position at Amity Youth Festival of Amity University.