Department of History
This department was established in the year 1968.
History department offers interdisciplinary courses to the students of Political Science,Economics,Sanskrit, Philosophy,Geography, Hindi, and English. The department of History took an initiative to adopt technology as the medium of instruction in the classroom. The students and the teachers used power-point presentation and documentaries in while covering their assigned topics.
The passing percentage of students is 76%.
Name of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved (if any)-
· Gender and Society
· Social Enquiry
· Environmental Issues in India
Annual/semester/choice based credit system (programme wise):
· CBCS: B.A. I (Hons.) & Programme 1st Year
· Semester System: B.A. II (Hon.) & B.A. II (Prog.)
· FYUP: B.A. III (Hon.)
The department's infrastructural facilities include :
· Library: In the college library, there is enough space for every department and subject and enough space for students also. Moreover, the library is enriched with sufficient number of text books and other reference books for every department.
· Centralized facility for the usage of computers in labs (three labs) and internet facility with Wi-Fi has been provided to the staff as well as the students both in the labs and in the library.
The department organises regular workshops.
Student enrichment programmes (special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts:
Type of lecture/ seminar
Theme of the Lecture/Seminar
Lecture by Vasudha Pandey
Commemorating World war I
Lecture by Anita Gupta
Eve teasing – Legal Remedy
Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding a) National b) International
Type of Event
Theme of the Event
Commemoration of the Centenary of the First World War
11th Feb. 2015
Educational Trip to Museum